The ubiquitous Lava Lamp

3 replies [Last post]
B. Harrison
B. Harrison's picture
User offline. Last seen 11 years 29 weeks ago. Offline

Whenever I visit a studio or someone shows me a picture of their studio, I always ask: "Where is the Lava lamp?" if it's not visible, and explain, that it's just not a bonafide studio without one - look at pictures of virtually any Major studio and you'll see one - even Abbey Road... all very tongue in cheek of course. It does make them think.

It's almost like a beacon or token that mystically links studios all over the world - a symbol of the "Brotherhood" ;-)

Anyway, I must say, I do find myself watching those blobs when I'm listen to a mix - it's almost meditative.

It's mentioned in the news item that you were still pondering the question the next day. Hope this adds some food for thought.

Brian

P.S.
We have to thank the British for so much - The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons :-o and so it would appear, the lava lamp too.

Walk softly and carry a big USB stick

gswan
gswan's picture
User offline. Last seen 2 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Had a few lava lamps, but

Had a few lava lamps, but they all eventually went pear shaped and the wheels fell off.
So I decided on a marble bust of JS Bach instead.

moondog
moondog's picture
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Now I really have to get a lava lamp...

You have convinced me B. Harrison. I need to buy one of those lava lamps to create some brotherhood, good vibes and British mojo in my project studio ;-)

Moon Dog
moondogselpaso.com

B. Harrison
B. Harrison's picture
User offline. Last seen 11 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Shades of Schroeder LOL

@ Gswan : Shades of Schroeder LOL

@ Moondog: Pity we can't use those little graphics here otherwise - Thumbsup ;-)

Walk softly and carry a big USB stick