Dinaudio BM6

1 reply [Last post]
Savino
Savino's picture
User offline. Last seen 10 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

What do you think the BM6 in the mixing pop-rock ?

I have a smal control room (3x3).

when working on the mix and use as a monitor BM6 is known that sound very soft and mellow, in fact I find it difficult when I have do to sound much more aggressive, and plays on other monitorsfor to verify. Can you suggest something to improve this deficiency with BM6?

What do you think the SoundSticks III by Harman Kardon?
for me are very good for sound quality and price.

Savino Valerio
VS RECORDS

ansius
ansius's picture
User offline. Last seen 11 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
BM6 are nice nearfields,

BM6 are nice nearfields, especially for the price.

To be honest I would look more into placement, room treatment topics, because soft and mellow can be room too... ASSR DVD has a special section and if you wish for more information there are some very good tutorials, search for them.

IMHO:
most of the times I have heard people not liking their monitors, problem is more in the room than actual speakers. A good speaker in a bad room will sound bad anyway, an average speaker will perform much better when the room is properly treated, monitors are placed right. The biggest mistake (most often) is placement in distance of 1/4 line from room's walls, witch is a place where standing waves are generated at room resonance frequency and its even harmonics. There is a good on-line calculator witch gives you the room mode calculations (http://www.bobgolds.com/Mode/RoomModes.htm) an corresponding problematic frequencies. 3x3 m is not good especially if your ceiling is about 3 m and walls are parallel gives you a box, and if not treated properly - no monitors can sound good. and even if they do - it's not an correct mix, because you have corrected the room into it.

I hope this helps.